The NDIS provides support for people with a permanent and significant disability, their families and carers. It ensures they get the right care and support they need based on their individual needs and aspirations. NDIS support includes helping individuals achieve goals in many aspects of their life, including independence, involvement in their community, education, employment and health and wellbeing.
NDIS offers more choice and control over how, when and where supports are provided.
For children aged 0-6 years old the NDIS also supports early intervention. Early intervention is getting intensive support as early as possible to reduce the impact of disability on a child and their family.
Sullutions, Psychological and Behaviour Services offers the following in home/community services under the NDIS:
- Early intervention and social skill development
- Positive Behaviour Support / behaviour management
- Parent and carer training
- A range of psychological assessments
Please call to discuss how we can assist you if you have any specific goals that are not listed above.
Have a meeting with a planner and want a quote for services? No problem just give us a call.
Who can access NDIS?
NDIS participants need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a permanent and significant disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities.
- Be aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme.
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen who holds a Protected Special Category Visa.
- Live in a role out area and have a plan
Use the NDIS Access Checklist to find if you are eligible to receive assistance from the NDIS.
Informative video clips:
- About the NDIS
- Early Childhood Early Intervention
- Developing your first NDIS plan
- Permanent and significant disability and reasonable and necessary supports
To contact the NDIS call 1800 100 110.
Useful links, external advocacy and complaints:
- Disability service Commissioner: 1800 677 342 https://www.odsc.vic.gov.
- Association for Children with a disability: (03) 98807000 https://www.acd.org.
- Victoria Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability: (03) 9416 4003 https://www.valid.org.au/
- Action on Disability within Ethnic Communities: (03) 9480 7000 http://www.adec.org.au